Saturday, December 24, 2011

How do I put downloaded audio book files into the books section of iTunes?

I downloaded two audio books into iTunes and the files went into my music folder, so now I have "Part 1-62" in my music section, is there a way to take these files and transfer them to the Books section?|||Select all of the files that you want, and click get info (right click on a PC or command I on a mac). Then go to the Options tab of the box and click the Media Kind drop down. Select Audiobook and you should be set.|||So, to get your audio books to show up there, you need to trick i Tunes and your i Pod into thinking the tracks are stored in that format. On Windows, this is easy enough to explain and understand, but the process is labor-intensive. You need to change the file extension for every track in the audio book from .m4a to .m4b, and then play a few seconds of each track after renaming. Sometimes, no matter what you do, iTunes remains convinced that the tracks should not be in the Audiobooks menu. When this happens, those tracks are doomed, there is nothing you can do with them directly.

No comments:

Post a Comment