Tuesday, February 7, 2012

How do I get audio books in wma format to play on my car's wma/mp3 cd player?

The Los Angeles Library uses http://www.overdrive.com/MediaConsole/ for digital rights management for their audio books. I follow all the instructions for burning a wma data CD but my car's wma cd player just says "Reading Disc..." and never plays it. The cd player is a wma/mp3 cd player not just a normal CD player.How do I get audio books in wma format to play on my car's wma/mp3 cd player?
As far as I know media with DRM protection will not play on any computer except the one you download the file with. However, some DRM file will allow you to burn CD. For overdrive.com, you have to use Windows Media 10 to burn CD. Keep in mind that some DRM files are set to not allow burning CD. You have two choices. 1) transfer the files to a portable mp3 player that can play WMA. 2) Remove the DRM protection. I highly recommend the 1st choice because the 2nd choice is illegal.How do I get audio books in wma format to play on my car's wma/mp3 cd player?
You need to just format the dics in mp3 format

No comments:

Post a Comment