Saturday, February 4, 2012

I need some suggestions for good books on audio. I love drama and suspense.?

I just finished The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played With Fire and The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest. Any suggestions? Thank you from a housebound lover of audio books.I need some suggestions for good books on audio. I love drama and suspense.?
I'm not a frequent user of the audiobook format, but I do listen when I'm driving on a long trip, or as an alternative to get my kids interested in books. The Harry Potter series, read by Jim Dale, is highly entertaining. I've also enjoyed UR and The Gingerbread Girl (short stories) and The Shining (novel, enjoyed in written form as well as audiobook) by Stephen King.

Not sure about the quality of the audiobooks, but Jodi Picoult writes drama, mostly concerning family life. Tenth Circle was my favorite, though My Sister's Keeper was also good.

You might also enjoy Steve Berry's Cotton Malone series. The first in the series is The Templar Legacy. They're a mix of history, treasure hunt, drama, suspense and intrigue. Comparable to Dan Brown, but so much better.

I'd also recommend John Irving's books, A Prayer for Owen Meany, The Cider House Rules, and The World According to Garp. They are multi-faceted drama, comedy, and he's a fantastic writer.

You might also like Ian McEwan. Atonement, On Chesil Beach, The Cement Garden....I haven't been disappointed in any of his books.I need some suggestions for good books on audio. I love drama and suspense.?
Ugh I hate audio books, the voices are so aweful it makes me laugh and ruins the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment