Thursday, January 26, 2012

Any suggestions for simple to use, cd player for audio books, for my elderly dad with poor vision?

My dad has poor eyesight and can no longer read. He has expressed an interest in listening to audio books, and I would like to purchase a cd player and some audio books for him for Christmas. However, I want to be sure I am getting a cd player that will hold its place on the cd when he cuts it off, and also one with fairly easy to use features. Any suggestions would be appreciated.Any suggestions for simple to use, cd player for audio books, for my elderly dad with poor vision?
If your dad is legally blind, he is eligible for state services for the visually impaired. Most states have a free library of books on tape or on CD and they provide a simple player as part of this service. Just go to the phone book to the section with your state's services. There should be an agency for the visually impaired. Call them and see if he qualifies.
Get with your public library and they can set him up with a special machine and audio books. They will be sent through the mail at no cost, not even postage. Here is a link that might help



http://www.loc.gov/nls/index.htmlAny suggestions for simple to use, cd player for audio books, for my elderly dad with poor vision?
We bought a simple one in Argos for my Nan who is 93 and has poor eyesight. We got a bottle of bright nail polish and 'painted' the play button so she could see it more easily.Any suggestions for simple to use, cd player for audio books, for my elderly dad with poor vision?
How about a computer. Desktop with large monitor. He can magnify and see. DVD CD. What ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment