Friday, January 27, 2012

Do I have to and how can I contact the authors of the books I want to publish as an audio books?

I want to start an audio book business in Latvia. I want to publish world-wide known author's books not those in my language. Do I have to and how can I track down the authors of the books I want to use and publish so that I can pay them author's fees? What are fines if I won't?Do I have to and how can I contact the authors of the books I want to publish as an audio books?
You contact each author (or his literary agent) by first contacting the publisher of the most recent book. You negotiate a deal in which you purchase the rights to produce a translations and to produce and sell an audio version of that translation. You will not be granted this right for free.



If you do it without having secured the rights, you are in open copyright violation. If Latvia honors either of the two international copyright conventions, you will be sued, both personally and as an audio book company, and will lose. Damages awarded to the plaintiff are usually far more than the profits you earned through the unauthorized use of their work.
  • makeup set
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment