Thursday, January 26, 2012

I'd like a portable player for audio books, any suggestions?

I used to listen to audio books on tape in the car and enjoyed them a lot.



Now I'd like to find a player and a source for audio books that I could carry with me, maybe listen to while at the gym.



Thanks!I'd like a portable player for audio books, any suggestions?
Since the question was repeated (probably by accident) I'm reposting my answer, hoping it will be the best one received here, too.



First, a good place to download audio books. Try:

http://www.theaudiobookstore.com/servlet鈥?/a>

They seem to have a good selection of the "usual suspects" as far as audio books, and the price is comparable to or less than purchasing a book on tape.



As far as a player, it's possible to purchase and mp3 only player for very small money at a discount department store, and it would do the job just fine.



However, if you're interested in a music service as well (as long as you'll have the mp3 player) consider a Sansa Rhapsody for the Rhapsody Music Service, or of course and iPod for iTunes. With the iTunes option, there are also free audio books you can download with your subscription.I'd like a portable player for audio books, any suggestions?
The Apple iPod is still the number one, but you can still have a look on his concurents :

Sony Walkman NWZ (pretty good)

Microsoft Zune (not the best)

No comments:

Post a Comment