Thursday, January 19, 2012

I would like to find a job as a textbook proofreader or voice over for audio books. Where do I look?

I would really like to find a job where I can do the voice over work for audio books or books-on-tape/cd. I have no idea where to go to apply for a job like this. I have gone to the book store, found the name of the publisher, and tried to locate their job section on their web site, but I don't see anything in this area. Does anyone know how to go about applying for a job as a voice over for audio books? Also, where do you go to apply for a job to review and proofread textbooks for schools? I know these jobs exist but I have no idea where to find them. Any help would be great.I would like to find a job as a textbook proofreader or voice over for audio books. Where do I look?
Its hard to give much voice over advice w/out knowing where you live. Most audio book voicing are done in New York and Los Angeles. Its a pretty tough biz to crack if you dont have any credits to yr name. A good way to start is to locate groups providing services for the blind in your area ... they need readers for all sorts of material books, magazines, newspapers, etc. Its volunteer work, but it is good for the resume and helps build yr skill level, and you can get copies of what they record to use later as a demo reel. Take some voice over classes, general ones and ones geared toward audio books. When you have some experience find resources like the Northern California's Reel Directory (www.reeldirectory.com) and check out producers of audio books and send them yr demo. You need to dig up the business yrself because general acting talent agents dont handle much in audio books. Good luck.I would like to find a job as a textbook proofreader or voice over for audio books. Where do I look?
Try the links in http://www.hot8sites.com/writing/

No comments:

Post a Comment